One of the cornerstones of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network is for each member city to run local Best of Wine Tourism Awards.
The Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards celebrate innovation and excellence in wine tourism in these ten great wine cities and provides an opportunity for wineries in each region to gain exposure and recognition for their commitment to providing leading wine tourism experiences.
The 2018 winners for Adelaide | South Australia are:
- Accommodation – The Louise (Barossa)
- Architecture and Landscape – Chapel Hill Winery (McLaren Vale)
- Art and Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences – Henschke and Hutton Vale Farm (Barossa)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Whistling Kite Wines (Riverland)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Hentley Farm Wines (Barossa)
- Wine Tourism Services – Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills)
The winners of this local awards program may be presented as nominations to the International Best of Wine Tourism Awards. The international awards program has been running for 13 years and currently offers awards across seven categories. Winners are selected out of the winners of the same categories from locally run competitions.
Check out last year's winners too.