One of the cornerstones of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network is for each member city to run local Best of Wine Tourism Awards.
The Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards celebrate innovation and excellence in wine tourism in these ten great wine cities and provides an opportunity for wineries in each region to gain exposure and recognition for their commitment to providing leading wine tourism experiences.
Check out the videos from last year's winners.
The winners of this local awards program may be presented as nominations to the International Best of Wine Tourism Awards. The international awards program has been running for 13 years and currently offers awards across seven categories. Winners are selected out of the winners of the same categories from locally run competitions.
The award categories are designed to recognise wineries and wine related businesses from a tourism perspective. Each category focuses on a particular element to be delivered at the property. The seven categories are:
- Art and Culture
- Architecture and Landscape
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices
- Wine Tourism Restaurants
- Wine Tourism Services
Applications closed Friday 28 July 2017 and winners will be announced in September.
- The prestige of the 'Best Of Wine Tourism' trophy to display at your business.
- Benchmark your business against international best practice and to generate wider awareness of the wine tourism offerings.
- Presence on the Great Wine Capitals Global Network (greatwinecapitals.com) website and social media platforms.
- Presence in the 'Best Of' advertisements and press promotion in the local and international media (TV, general and specialised press Wine / Gastronomy / Tourism).
- Promotion to local and international tour operators.
- A presence in a brochure distributed at major local and international wine and tourism exhibitions.
- An invitation to participate in educational events and wine tourism conferences in the cities involved.
- Support in using these marketing tools to promote wine sales and visitation to your business.
Guidelines and application process
View the guidelines and application process to enter.